Sunday 21 July 2013

The clinometer

The clinometer is an optical device for measuring elevation angles above horizontal.
This is an example of a clinometer. 
 
Making an improvised clinometer is very easy. The materials needed are: protractor, drinking straw, tape, thread, and a 5-cent coin or a small washer.
On July 18, 2013, we had an activity and the objective of our activity is to use an improvised clinometer to obtain the height of the high school building of our school. We are given a minimum of five trials to be able to obtain the average height of the preferred building.
I was able to gain a lot of learning by doing our activity because I never thought that I could measure the height of our high school building by using those materials. I and my classmates were having a great time in doing the required activity because it was very new to us and conducting an experiment is cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment